Friday, July 30, 2010

A Song I Wrote Based on 2 Corinthians 5

V1
I think I see a storm coming ahead
These heavy winds are too much for this tent
They're taking me to a faraway land
A beautiful place that isn't built by hands

My body's groaning like a man lost at sea
This naked body is shivering, freezing
Mortality will be swallowed by life
And this Spirit is gonna be my eyes
-
CH
I'm almost home, the place where I belong
I'm almost home, and I'm hearing the sweetest song
I'm almost there, singing right along
And I swear, I'll be singing loud and strong
-
V2
Picking up my bow and taking my aim
Whether present or gone, I'm shooting the same
The archers lining up as they wait for the judge
I tried to my best, but it still wasn't much

I'm not gonna boast in things I've done
But you are free to tell them what we've won
It's not up to me, my body's compelled
What can I do when even the dead can't be held
-
Bridge
For we walk by faith and not by sight
And I see just fine when I am blind
I am confident, ready to leave this place
To be held so tightly in the arms of grace

1 comment:

Thoughts? Leave a comment!

Dethroning the American Jesus - Final 1 John Post

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not to...