Friday, July 16, 2010

The Only Thing

The only thing I have ever been afraid of is fear.
For surely if you were unafraid of fear 
There would be very little to fear.
~
The only thing I have ever loved is Love.
After all, if you fall head over heels for Love
What on earth would there be left to love?
~
The only thing I ever complain about is people that complain.
You see, if the people were stopped who complain,
Then we could stop listening to this nonsense about which they complain.
~
There is only one thing on earth that will make me cry.
That thing is the sight of watching my best friend cry.
For what is there to be sad about if nothing is making my friend cry?
~
My favorite gift which God has given mankind is music. 
Because all other gifts derive from the gift of music.
For love and creativity and hope and forgiveness are all remembered in music. 
~

1 comment:

  1. Hey, James. It's been awhile since I've checked your blog, and it seems I've been missing a bunch! Glad to see you've gotten back into posting regularly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Leave a comment!

Dethroning the American Jesus - Final 1 John Post

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not to...