Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Modesty Is Attractive

Okay...I know every girl reading this is probably sick of hearing about modesty. "That's all I ever hear!" Don't worry. This post is NOT about pointing the finger. I'm not going to tell you that you are immodest. I'm not even going to tell you to BE modest. It is my hope that this post will make you WANT to be modest. And remember...this is from a guy....the species you are trying to impress. ;)

Okay...let's jump right in, and make sure this thing doesn't get long. The question on your mind is
"How in the world can modesty be attractive!" I know this because I have psychic powers, and I read your mind. The answer is simple. Modesty shows that a woman doesn't need to dress a certain (revealing) way to feel important or loved. Now, females, don't freak out at me. I'm not saying that is what you are doing. Remember, I'm not condemning. I know many people that are modest many days of the week. So, even if you are not every day, the fact that you don't dress to be noticed EVERY DAY shows quality.

Many times, I think females don't even know they are immodest. So, I would like to give you one very easy guide to measuring the extent of your modesty. Scratch that. Two easy guides.
1. The more skin showing....the worse (that's probably obvious).
2. The more the clothing has to stretch to be put on....the worse. So...if you are debating if your shirt is too tight before you put it on. Ask yourself this question. Would this fit my 3 year old sister? If the answer is yes...it MIGHT be too tight. Stay away from stretchy. Stretch=bad. :)

Awesome. Moving on. Now, I can probably guess another thing that you are thinking. "This is just one of those moron guys who just likes telling females what to do, but really likes immodest females. Ha! Gotcha. I KNEW that's what you were thinking. But fear not. I have an answer. Yes. I love telling females what to do! who wouldn't. :) (that was a joke). And am I some super human that isn't attracted to females. Uh...no! If you dress immodestly...yes I will be attracted. I'll also be looking at your forehead when I talk to you. :) But here is the difference. My BODY is attracted to immodesty. My SPIRIT (that part that actually matters) is NOT. My spirit is attracted to modesty.

Now, there is a GREAT DANGER ladies in dressing modestly. Us lizards (commonly called males) may not be attracted to you as quickly. You may be the last of your friends to date. But eventually, some guy who is concerned about his spirit more than his body, will wake up one day, and God will BAM!...open his eyes. And he will say, "JOLLY RANCHERS that girl is attractive!" haha....lame scenario...i know. but bear with me.

So yeah...I know this is familiar to those who read my dating book, but it is a big characteristic I'm looking for in my wife. It may seem legalistic or something but...your opinion is your own. Again...i'm not judging anyone. Just what I"m looking for.

10 comments:

  1. James how can you ever think no girl would want to marry you? gosh, girls who are following God WANT to hear this type of stuff!! This is super awesome and I think more guys like you need to talk about this, because lots of girls are stuck in the world of "boy confusion" and try to impress them by the clothing they wear.

    Seriously, modesty doesn't mean you gotta dress amish, its exactly what you said. I think girls get turned off by it because they picture a cap and stockings. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, James. :) And Lexi's right - girls who are following God love to see that there are some guys out there that respect girls and put God before themselves. God has something great in store for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That was a brilliant post!!! Thank-you so much. I write a blog geared more towards girls, so it was amazing to get to read a guy's point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me laugh so much (granted, its really easy to make me laugh ;) But anyway, great job standing up and out for modesty and putting it into an honest, G-Dly perspective :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So glad to see a young man standing for what is right :) God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post! You are one "wierd" guy.. lol.. in a good way ;)
    I read the book "For Young Women Only" in which they surveyed a bunch of guys (saved and unsaved), and most of them said the same exact thing you are saying now.

    And yes, it's great to know that there are still Godly young men out there looking for the right kind of girl.
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just wanted to say hi so you had a guy post on here thats all

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, I very much agree with what you have to say in this post. As all the other girls have said, it's nice to hear godly guys talk about stuff like this in a respectful manner, like you did. :) I have a question for you that my girl friends and I have been discussing (yet again) recently: do you have an opinion on male modesty? It's not really talked about, to my knowledge, but I really think it should be addressed the same way that female modesty is addressed. (I'm hoping to blog about my thoughts and the thoughts of some of my friends on this topic.) I just thought I'd ask if you had given it any thought or heard anyone talk about it, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just typed in "modesty is attractive" into google cause I wanted to read some thing that would help me word it better for a facebook status and saw and read this.. thanks for this post i'll have to find your book.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Leave a comment!

Dethroning the American Jesus - Final 1 John Post

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not to...