Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 6: Loving

Okay...so here we are at day 6. I don't really have anything interesting to say before we get into the point of this so i'll just jump in.

Loving
I want a loving wife. Now...yes....i realize this is another one of those "duh" things. I don't know many guys that want a wife that hates people. If you do then you might need psychological help. I probably could use that kind of help, but at least not in this area. What I don't mean by this is just a wife that loves me. Yes...I want that, but I would hope that's obvious. I want a wife that loves other people. 

The greatest thing a man or woman can do in their lifetime is love. It is the single-most greatest thing we are called to do (Luke 10:27). God made humans to glorify (love) Him. Jesus died for us because He loves us. Jesus wants us to be with Him one day because He loves us. And he wants us to love other people just as much as we love ourselves because He loves them. Love. Love. Love. Love. If you aren't a hopeless romantic you will not enjoy the Bible. That's all It's about. 

Quite simply I want my wife to be someone who loves people with all the love she possesses. Someone once said "I'm not giving my heart to anyone but Jesus, if He wants to share it with others that's up to Him." Jesus did NOT say the greatest commandment was to love other people. LOVE GOD! Focus on loving God more than ANYTHING...more than loving your friends, spouse, kids, neighbor, or dog. If you love others more than anyone in history but do not love God....you are a failure. 

BUT...if you love God with all your heart, he WILL share it with others. If you give your heart 102% to God, then you will naturally love those around you. It's impossible to truly love God and not others. It is for this reason that I want my wife to be a loving individual. The world was made and saved by love. To not love is to not live. I could write a book on the subject of love but there's this bestseller that already came out on the topic. You may have read it. 

-1 Corinthians 13-

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I think you are wrong in saying that this is one of those "duh" things. I think it is one of the many overlooked character traits and qualities. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Leave a comment!

Dethroning the American Jesus - Final 1 John Post

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not to...