Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Seventeenth -A Poem

Today I went for a walk.
Eventually I found myself
In a peaceful little park.

The wind was blowing gently,
And I could hear the sound of
passing cars up the hill.

Just then a golden retriever 
runs up to me, wet from the small river.
She drops her slobbery tennis ball, asking to be pet. 

I oblige, because God knows I love dogs.
A second retriever walks in circles several feet ahead
Obviously chasing something invisible to humans.

A small, chirping bird flies just over me
landing on an abandoned fence post, the remains 
of which must have once been a boundary; yet no longer.

Beyond that fence, about a hundred yards perhaps
is a bench where two young lovers sit,
Watching the boy in the green shirt and small black helmet 

Ride past on his bike. One day he too
Will sit on that bench
With a beautiful, young lady.

God must love the colors green and blue.
And I suppose brown as well. The trees, the grass,
the sky. Perhaps those are the colors of Heaven. For surely today

I have caught a glimpse of that Celestial City though some small window. 

5 comments:

  1. beautiful! you make something so simple, so unique and deep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SoCal is beautiful! (Photos below in last post), and so is this poem. Great work!

    And the glory goes to Him,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely poem, you're such a great writer <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like it. this poem has a very unique tone.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Leave a comment!

Dethroning the American Jesus - Final 1 John Post

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not to...