Monday, February 1, 2010

Thoughtful Tuesday 1st Ed.

Happy Tuesday Folks,
Well, just in case you forgot...you made it through Monday!!! Unless you died, and you can still read my blogs in Heaven which would be pretty tight.
But anyways, today is Thoughtful Tuesday (in case you didn't read the Title). Just so you know I won't always title my blogs after the day...just the first week or two to get you in the swing of things. So let's dig into some thoughtful thinking.
I'm going to title today's thoughts as "What if God was Bad?"
It's something I've thought about a decent amount lately. Not that I think He is bad. I know He isn't. In fact, it's impossible for God to be bad. But that's the climax of my thought so I won't give that away yet.
What if God was bad? Think about that for a moment? Well, what exactly is "bad". Here are some decent examples.
1. Killing people.
2. Adultery
3. Lying
4. Stealing
5. Cheering for the Yankees.
Stuff like that. So, think about that for a moment. What if God was these things?
1. What if God killed people just for fun. "Muahaha!" *Lightening bolt* "You're Dead!"
2. What if God told us to commit adultery, and staying with one spouse was a sin?
3. What if God lied to us, and we never knew when He was telling the truth?
4. What if God commended us for stealing?
5. And dare I say, What if God was a Yankees fan?!
~
Let's take this another step. What if God condemned "good things"?
What if God hated love, loathed peace, destroyed honest people, laughed at the poor, homeless, and orphan? Don't just read this. Actually think about that. Think about a world like that.
~
Bad, right? Yeah its bad. At least "bad" as we know it. But let's not jump on this too fast. Let's take a step back, remove our regular thinking caps, erase the memory from them, and look at this in a completely new way. Why are "bad things" bad? Because what God created was Good and these things came AFTER the fall. Think about it. No one died before the fall. There was no adultery. No lying. No thievery. No Yankees. These things came AFTER the good God created. So this begs the question. If God had created all the "bad" things and not the good things...would bad things be good, and the good bad? After all, who decides what is "bad"? God. So really, if we didn't know better, and we grew up with bad as good, would we even notice? Perhaps I would be writing this same blog saying outrageous things like, "What if love was a good thing?" And you would be thinking..."that's outrageous!"
~
I get so sick of people saying "that's not fair" in reference to God. "Why would God allow this?"
"Why?" I get sick of myself asking this. God can do whatever He wants. He is God. If God suddenly decided to send everyone to Hell would that be "bad"? I won't answer that for you. This is just thoughtful tuesday. A day to get your mind working in ways maybe it hasn't before.
Praise God He IS good.
~
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!!! Leave comments please.

3 comments:

  1. But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, "Why have you made me like this?"
    -Romans 9:20

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey this was really cool James! You know, its good just to stop and thing sometimes...just mediating on how awesome God is. WAY awesome.

    yeah, that bugs me too when people blame God for the bad things in life. God didn't create bad things, He allowed it to happen because He gave us free choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D I enjoyed the part about the Yankees. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Leave a comment!

Dethroning the American Jesus - Final 1 John Post

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not to...