Thursday, February 25, 2010

Dear You

Dear You,

i think i saw you today, but i can't be sure.
Your eyes were closed, but your lips were moving.
Whispers of prayer floating upward like a balloon.
Well let me tell you darling that i hope the day is coming soon

i will wait because i am willing, not because i am patient.
Your absence is like hole in my glass
i try to fill my my heart but everything just falls through
And to say my glass is half empty is only half true

Why is it that the wind is so romantic?
i swear it causes the world to spin in slow motion
Your hair tossed about like a flag at the end of a pier
Beautiful as the sunset, more graceful than the deer

And you did not see me, though i did naught but stare
And you did not hear, though my heart screamed hello
For now, our worlds are separate, a wall between each heart
But hold on. It won't be long. We're almost at the start.

4 comments:

  1. James, I absolutely love this poem...

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! reminds me of your story hawaii. the guy that really likes the girl but thinks he is invisible. great writing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Leave a comment!

Dethroning the American Jesus - Final 1 John Post

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not to...