Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sunset. Sunrise

Sunset

Oh how I fear you.
You are tricky. Deceptive.
Beautiful colors. A covering.
Disguising the coming darkness.

Just before you disappear i understand.
Your light spreads across the ocean floor
Like a blanket. A blanket of death.
Putting me to sleep with your lullaby.

A brilliant flash of light.

One last photograph of life.
And then its gone. No warning.
Then again, that's all you were.

Darkness. That's all I see.
And really, can you even see it?
Perhaps I am even blind.
Scales on my eyes like a bandage.

I pray for light, or even the hope of.
The sun laughs from beneath the horizon.
"He he. Ha ha. You fool!"
I cover my ears, but it does no good.

How did it come to this?
I knew what was happening.
I saw the world growing darker.
But the colors. Those beautiful colors.

Beautiful colors singing a beautiful song.
A melody of death and evil.
Beautiful colors writing a beautiful book.
The prologue of Hell.

What is left for me now?
Am I to quake here forever?
Hands shaking. Cold. So cold.
How long? How long will you forget me?

"Turn" says a voice.
But I cannot turn.
If I turn I may miss the sun.
When the sun returns.

Laugher. Laughter fills my ears.
Oh that God would silence them.
They must be evil indeed.
I shall keep them behind me. Behind.

"Turn" says the voice.
"No!" I will not.
I will see the laughing ones.
Those evil laughing ones.

I waited. Years passed. No sun.
"Turn."
"No."
Laughter. "Shut up!"

I waited. Years passed. No sun.
"Turn."
"Why?"
Nothing more. The fool!

I am so cold. So alone. Dead.
There is nothing left for me.
I have been forgotten. I turn.
What could be worse than this Hell?

I fall to my knees. Of course!
How had I not seen? Oh Lord!
Tears flood my eyes. Warmth.
Life enters my nostrils and I weep.

Sunrise.

3 comments:

  1. that was hilarious, deep, and hilarious all at the same time! loved it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. odd....this was not meant to be funny. haha
    what did you find funny?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this one a lot. ill have to read it a couple more times but so far i got the symbolism of sunrise as the attraction of sin at first but the darkness it brings us. but then God brings back the day. great symbolism and imagery :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Leave a comment!

Dethroning the American Jesus - Final 1 John Post

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not to...