Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday's Poem

Good morning everyone!
It's Saturday and you are not allowed to be crabby or sad. It's the weekend. The time in California is 11:39, and I've been up a whopping 5 minutes. :) Anyways...hope you have a great break from school this weekend. Here's a thoughtful poem I wrote to get you thinking.

By the way...I don't have a title. I'm horrible with titles. When you leave a comment (notice I said when...and not if) tell me what you think i should call it. :) Thanks. Here goes.

~
I wonder if water can ever be completely still
I see hurricanes and tidal wives
Monsoons and just plain ol' regular waves.
Even small ripples. The smallest. But never still.

I suppose the only one we can blame is the wind.
Then again, should we not also blame man?
Perhaps the waters would be still if not the indulgences of man.
But man does not always interfere. He is not constant. Constant like the wind.

I do not believe the water can be still like glass.
Glass is either still, or it is shattered.
This begs the question. Better bent or shattered?
Is it worth being shattered, just to mirror glass?

Is it so bad that water is always in motion?
Perhaps if it were motionless, water would not longer be water.
Reflected trees would turn to real trees. No more reflection. No more water.
Tell me then, are you reconsidering, that water should not be in motion?

You see, when water is in motion, the reflection is not perfect.
But maybe, just maybe, that is the only way it was meant to be.
A tree in the water is not a real tree. Never was. Never will be.
The fake tree proves the water is real. The imperfect proves the perfect.

"The imperfect proves the perfect." I will leave you with this thought.
For now we know that perfect water is not like glass. It's never still at all.
So let these imperfect reflections prove to all,
That we can rejoice in imperfections, and that's a comforting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Leave a comment!

Dethroning the American Jesus - Final 1 John Post

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not to...