Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Random Poetry from 5 AM.

-I'm Not a Hero-
It’s okay to be scared.
It’s okay to be afraid.
Just don’t look back.
It isn’t safe.
There’s monsters in dark.
I saw one last night.
Yellow eyes, with foaming mouth.
Full of darkness. No light.
It wasn’t supposed to be like this.
I’m not a hero.
How can you ask this of me.
I’m not ready to go.
Someone take my place.

-Rise or Fall-
What if you lived every second
without any hope.

What if you were far away
left to die all alone.
Would you cry for help
like a child would.
Or would you take it like a man
Put the axe to the wood.
Life is not fair
The rain falls on all
Angels are watching, waiting.
Rise or Fall.

-My Eyes-
Close your eyes.
Keep them closed.
What do you see?
Can you see the future?
Can you see the plan, the purpose?
Is there a plan?
Is there anything?
Perhaps there is nothing.
Perhaps the world fades away
Like my memories,
the ones that count.
Perhaps you should open your eyes.
Do you think?
I do not know.
Why do I not know.
Cut out my eyes.
They are no longer useful to me.
Give them to someone who knows.

-Tick tock-
Do you hear it?
The tick tock.
I can hear nothing else.
Tick tock.
Every thought. Every one.
Tick tock.
Send it away. Can you?
Tick tock.
Maddening. The
Tick tock.
Why is it here? Can
Tick tock
it be sent away? Perhaps
Tick tock
we could come
Tick tock
up with
Tick tock
a new
Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Leave a comment!

Dethroning the American Jesus - Final 1 John Post

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not to...