Thursday, September 3, 2009

Life with James, Entry One, "Going to College"

If your reading this it is probably for one of three reasons.
1. You are bored out of your mind and are doing the "mindless facebook browsing thing".
2. You are a dear fried of mine and sincerely care about what I have to say.
3. Your life is in ruins, you are considering suicide, and my words are your light at the end of the tunnel.
I will warn you now that if I am your light, you may want to go ahead with your plans. They will be less painful.
P.S. That was sarcasm.
I will also warn you that these entries will almost always be written late at night when I should be in bed, and my body begins to go in zombie mode. Hence, pay no regard to grammatical errors, sarcasm, or sentences and paragraphs that simply make little to el zippo sense.
With that knowledge, let our long journey begins. My last warning. Once you join the journey, you cannot end, and this journey may never end. Muahahahahahahaha.
So let us take our first step. 



My first step was out my front door holding two four-hundred pound suitcases in one hand, and two 10' by 10' boxes that would be shipped to me at another date in the other. What can I say...I like t-shirts and notebooks. I checked them onto the plane, got a glaring look from the security lady as she tried and failed to lift my bags to weigh them, and laughed as they did not even bother to check my bags for fear of not being able to both open and shut them. I got through the security door with minor injuries, boarded the plane, and was on my way. THe man to my left was an Asian man who seemed nice, mostly because he said nothing. THe man on the far left was mean. He went to the restroom, came back, and reclined. I too needed to relieve myself, so I thought nothing of walking past these two men. The middle man, being the nice man he was stood and moved to the aisle with a smile on his face. The other man was a different story. He had the nerve to call a attendant and complain that I was ruining his flight. She paid no attention to the man and resumed her flirting with the male attendant. The man sat down. I could tell he was spitting angry. When I returned from the eery-sounding toilet room the man glared at me like a moose-eating hawk. His eyes were like Edward Cullen's when he's protecting that one girl. I thought then and there about returning to the restroom and remaining for the duration of the flight. But courage took ahold of my inner being and I approached the man with a smile. But to my dismay, the man would not stand to get out of my way. The middle-man was standing, ready to move, and quite unaware as to what the hawk-eyed man was doing, since the middleman assumedly did not know what it was like to be unkind. I asked the man in my kindest voice to please move. At last he did, his eyes never leaving mine, for I could not take mine away from his. I was like the target, and his missiles were locked and loaded. (If that had any crude double meaning it was not made on purpose). I then sat back down and finished the movie playing on the screen before me. 17 Again.
After arriving at LAX I exited the plane, and stumbled around a million people to find my baggage. I found it, drug all two-thousand pounds of it to the median where I met the the man in the "red hat". He put me in a "red van" where I sat for 2 hours awaiting to arrive at the school who's color is "red". Coincidence? Probably.
My first few days of Orientation were kind of boring, but I did meet some cool people. Today I started classes which was pretty boring. I had a 3:00 lunch with a new friend which turned into a 4 and a half conversation, got a random blue "F" painted on my left cheek (as in face) by my Residence Assistant as an initiation into my Hall, and talked with two friends about sports. I now am in my room typing a long entry that few to none will read, and tomorrow I wake up as late as possible to go to chapel, an interview, and Old Testament History and Literature. I am pretty sure I am currently at the epiphany of my life, and I have no idea what the word "epiphany" means or if I used it correctly. But who cares anyway, right? I"m just an English Major.

1 comment:

  1. Haha...

    "I will also warn you that these entries will almost always be written late at night when I should be in bed, and my body begins to go in zombie mode. Hence, pay no regard to grammatical errors, sarcasm, or sentences and paragraphs that simply make little to el zippo sense."

    That sounds so familiar.
    Zombie mode is exactly how I describe it XD

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Leave a comment!

Dethroning the American Jesus - Final 1 John Post

"We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not to...